Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

So it has been forever since we have updated our blog....and since it's Christmas Eve I thought I would hurry and post our Christmas pictures and a brief year end news letter if you will.
It's been a pretty eventful year! It's been full of happiness and fun as well as a little bit of trials and sadness. Taylor started school at the first of this year and now has a good solid 2 semesters down. He started out in Business Management but has now changed his major to Computer Information Technology. He really likes it and will admit that school isn't as bad as he made it out to be!
In March we moved back into our town house, which took us WEEKS. Before we could truly move in we painted the kitchen, family room, and Dyson's room. It was a lot of work especially when you are big and pregnant like I was!
At the very end Tay's first semester and right after the painting was finished, the greatest, life-changing day we had been waiting for for at least 9 months finally came! On April 14th Dyson was born. It's been SO fun and a little bumpy at times learning how to be good parents, and let me just say we've got a LONG way to go, but we are loving every second! Dyson is now 8 months old!! Time flies and he just keeps getting bigger as do my biceps from carrying him..ok not really although I don't understand how I manage to stay a wimp--he's almost 20lbs. He's cutest chubby thing ever!
In June we had yet another life-changing event happen when my little brother passed away. I had finally talked him in to coming to BYU-Idaho after his mission. I'm so glad he decided to because we all (Tay, Dyson, and I) got to see and be with him a little more. Not nearly enough!! But, it's proved to be one of those things that makes you stronger. I think I speak for all my family and Taylor too when I say that it was super hard and he will be missed a ton.
In November we decided to re-design yet another room in our house-the office. We painted and built a couch and got sweet lights. It's Taylor's favorite room in the house now! I'll have to show pictures. I was mostly impressed by the couch---my husband is quite talented!
So, starting 2010 we'll hit the ground running. I'll start working 2 days a week starting in January as opposed to my 2 nights a week I'm doing now. Hopefully I'll be healthier and happier from the increased sleep I'll be able to (hopefully) get. Taylor is starting back up school as well as work at Zippy Lube while he can. He also had another job he is going to try to throw in the mix working up at BYU-I in their video department....it will be the PERFECT job for him!
WEll, that's my brief update and highlights of the past year. My new year's resolution (one of them) is to be better at updating this blog! So, we'll see how that goes.....
I hope all is well with everyone! We love you all! MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Cline said...

yeah you updated!!! I love the pic's who took them?

Klingler said...

I think that is one of the cutest babies that I have ever seen. I love his pose. That is too, too cute.

Lottie

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you will be doing your blog now, I look forward to hearing all about your life! Your little boy is the cutest thing - I love all your family pictures. You are still as gorgeous as ever. : )

kristen-enjoyingeverymoment.blogspot.com